Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

CONFESSIONS OF A NEARSIGHTED GIRL

Rode the wrong bus, became out of budget for ordered the wrong combo, almost hit by a passing car while crossing the pedestrian lane, squinting eyes to death just to see what’s written on the board , snubbed a friend and approached the wrong one 
Those are few of the things that people with nearsightedness or myopia suffer. People with myopia are those who can’t see clearly afar but has a normal vision in close ranged objects. It may develop gradually or rapidly, often worsening during childhood and adolescence.
It is a very common problem to children and young adults nowadays. It’s already normal to see a grade school wearing an inch thick glasses or a classmate with the nerdy spectacles
Most of the people say even the expert tells that that the cause of Myopia is genes. The next one is too much reading. Well with the word ‘too much’ it is given that anything that is beyond normal will be harmful to you like reading in dim light. ,Ultraviolet rays from the sun can also cause myopiaand poor diet, too much time spent in computers, tablets and Tv  will also cause harm to the eyes. 
Among all the causes I’ve mentioned there is a common factor among them and that is they are all done indoors.
Those individuals who work and prefer to stay indoors or the introverts are most likely to suffer from nearsightedness. I am a perfect example of those causes. I suffer myopia  ever since high school.  I was actually thinking that I am one of those cursed individual who can’t even relate to fan girls shouting for a Coco Martin look alike just performed on stage or can’t even appreciate the swimsuit attire portion of a pageant. I also encountered a lot of misunderstanding for a lot of people think I’m snobbish for i didn’t respond to their high five. (They just didn’t know I didn’t saw them coming. )
It even irks me when someone knows my condition and mocks me and sticks there two fingers in front of my face asking me to count them. Hello I am near-sighted not blind for goodness sake. Yet just like the disease there is corresponding cure to them. as for the nearsightedness and the high tech generation there is this laser powered machine and knife procedures that is worth dollars. I also read this natural procedure that can be called as  an eye work out and I ended up having a sore eye.
After a long time of balancing the advantages and disadvantages of what procedure should I take? In the end I found out that I can’t afford them so I took the spectacles and lenses option. Mr. Spectacles was introduced to me when I was still in college. During that time I was  like Jasmine Taken into a Whole New world with Mr Spectacles as my Aladdin .
With vision corrected I finally saw the mountain that wasn’t there before. The view of Bukidnon that lives its name I saw them far, wide and majestic. i saw signs with ease., I saw trees in different way. I saw rivers with ripples forming.  I saw the sky with awe and the night with stars.  I saw my crush as ugly (I was literally shocked and disappointed) and my so I thought ugly classmate as handsome. I finally saw myself if how I looked afar and realized that I have a cute dimple when I flash a genuine smile(I remember  having a fight with my sister for I was hugging the mirror).
Back then because of my glasses I gained confidence (especially when I changed my frames for i realized that Harry potter glasses doesn’t flatter a round face) and started to join different organizations. My world finally matched my normal friend’s world. I gained high grades.  I participated more in the class and finally wrote the correct spelling of my teacher’s name. I joined some sports (yet I realized that I’m still an introvert and doesn’t love outdoors and my body can’t take it). I met new friends and realized that there are also individuals who suffer like me but their condition is even worse. I even gained confidence in love and courtship.
 A lot of you might not know the feeling but being near sighted is not an easy condition it’s like living only a limited world. With confidence issues sometimes but in the end we realized that we can still do what others can. Even though we already have this additional weight on our noses at a very young age, well who cares glasses even became a fashion statement nowadays. Who does not even love to be thought as genius just because you wear those frames?

 I hope you who wears glasses while reading this   understands your condition even a little bit and know that we have each other’s back and you who wears glasses for fashion will have empathy to us the next time you wear those spectacles. Now, excuse me my work here is done I’m going to resume my research on You tube and see if who is this teenage human that has two heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bookkeeping NC III coverage and reviewer

           The BOOKKEEPING NC 3 Qualification consists of competencies that a person must achieve  to enable him/her to  Journalize tran...